As Christ followers, we are told to be grateful in all circumstances. We know this to be true but sometimes it’s just hard to do. I have found that even in the hard times, it’s the reminder of thankfulness that can pull me through. These are the top five things that I am continually grateful for as I look over this past year:
- 22 unbelievable years with Kristen – although I am deeply sad over her being gone, I am forever thankful to have had her and for so many wonderful memories.
- My incredible 5 kids (including my new son-in-law 🙂).
- The on-going outpouring of love and support from the Body of Christ, my Christian family.
- Carrying on in this ministry that Kristen and I birthed. In many ways we are still doing ministry together because we believed in the same things.
- I don’t know the mind of the Lord or even fully understand it, but He is all I have. I am forever grateful for a Good Shepherd that understands pain more than anyone else so I can trust the man who died for me. (From Streams in the Desert devotional)
What are the 5 things you are most grateful for? Maybe ask for everyone around your Thanksgiving table to share! That’s what will be happening at the Sauder household 🙂.